About the Kings Mountain Association (KMA)
KINGS MOUNTAIN ASSOCIATION
13883 SKYLINE BOULEVARD
WOODSIDE, CALIFORNIA 94062
The Kings Mountain Association is organized for the purpose of protecting, improving and enhancing the community; for organizing projects of benefit to the community; for holding special activities whereby members of the Association may become acquainted with each other and the organizations in the community; and for providing a forum for representation of community positions.
The KMA is governed by a board that consists of seven to ten (7-10) Directors. A Director Position is filled by the retiring President who will continue to serve as Director until a new President is elected. Officers serve for a term of one year. Directors serve for three years with the exception of the director who is the past-President; who only serves until the election of a new President.
- President: Marlene Scherer Stern
- Vice-President: Joanne Howard
- Treasurer: Johnathan Lee
- Secretary: Amber Steele
- Directors: Holly Winnen, Larry Mann, Ben Rosner, Roisin Magee Altreuter, Doug Forster and David Kaufman
The boundaries of the community are the corridor extending along Skyline Blvd. between Highway 92 and Bear Gulch Road West. Throughout its length, the corridor extends approximately one mile to the west and one-half mile to the east of Skyline Blvd. In addition, properties adjoining those roads that are accessible only within the boundaries as described above are included. This includes Star Hill Road, Bear Gulch Road West, Native Sons Road, Durham Road, and Bear Gulch Road East.
Join the KMA
The KMA is funded by membership dues. Currently, the annual membership fee is $25. This fee is adjusted by the KMA board and officers from time to time to reflect the needs of the community. Membership renewal occurs at the end of the year. Membership dues are due by February 1 of each year. If you are interested in joining the KMA, you can do so online here OR you can download the Membership Form below:
Complete and return this form with your check for $25.00 to:
Kings Mountain Association
13883 Skyline Blvd.
Woodside, CA 94062
Current members can renew their KMA membership online here.
Covid 19 Response
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic and with the guidance of the Kings Mountain Fire Brigade, San Mateo County Health Officer, and with the health and safety of our Kings Mountain community in mind, the KMA board has made the difficult decision to cancel all in-person events until further notice. You, as community members, are the heartbeat of this community and we felt this was the best decision for the health and safety of our members and the surrounding community. We are now holding our monthly board meetings via Zoom and are actively working to bring the community together apart with our Speaker Series events, Music events and Authors nights. We will also bring back our Blood Drives as soon as it is safe. We will share invites to those events on the Kings Mountain Group and our Facebook page as they are scheduled.
KMA Member Propane Discounts:
KAMPS – KMA members REBATE is $0.85 over laid-in cost to Kamps Propane from ALL Sourced Pricing (Propane sourced and purchased from locations other than the Bay Area Refineries). There will be an additional $0.10 per gallon discount and an additional $0.05 to citizens 65 plus during the SUMMER months starting June 1st until Oct 15th unless the price starts moving upwards earlier than this date. The $0.05 rebate for seniors never ends. This price rebate agreement will stay in effect for three (3) years from August 11th, 2021. For the most up-to-date pricing for KMA members and/or if you would like to switch your propane service over to Kamps, please contact KAMPS at (510) 471-7279.
The pricing plan for your propane and related equipment are listed as follows:
|Keep full/Routed Deliveries:||Mark-Up per gallon:||$1.300|
|Laid-In-Cost to Ferrellgas:||To Newark storage||$2.135|
Price will fluctuate up or down but will always tie to Laid-In-Costs to Ferrellgas, Newark, CA. Prices can change daily.
Will call deliveries must call 10 working days or at 50% before a delivery is needed.
|Annual Tank Rental:||250-320 gallon||$55.00|
|Annual Tank Rental:||500 gallon||$85.00|
|Annual Tank Rental||1,000 gallon||$125.00|
The agreement will stay in effect for 24 months – (agreement signed by the board effective April 11, 2022). For the most up-to-date pricing for KMA members and/or if you would like to switch your propane service over to Ferrell Gas, please contact Ferrel Gas at 831-227-6567.
KMA Speaker Series:
The KMA Speaker Series moved to Zoom during the COVID 19 shelter in place, those we recorded can be found here:
- 04.20.22: KMA Speaker Series: Simone Nageon de Lestang, Senior Trail Planner, Ridge Trail (Recording begins a bit late; intro is not included)
- 03.15.22: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Projects
- 10.20.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Solar Power Energy: How Solar Works on Kings Mountain
- 06.24.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Updates from the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
- 06.16.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Amateur Mycologist and Woodside Resident George Caughey
- 05.27.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: An Evening with the San Mateo County Parks Department and the San Mateo Resource Conservation District
- 04.22.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Ann McCormick, Ph.D. Pioneer of Children’s Educational Software
- 03.03.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Doniga Markegard
- 02.17.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Carlos G. Bolanos, Sheriff of San Mateo County
- 02.03.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Ken Fisher – Kings Mountain History The Early Years
- 12.02.21: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Jamis MacNiven – Buck’s of Woodside
- 06.17.20: KMA Speaker Series Presents: Cleopatra Tuday, Biologist – How to Fight Invasive Plants on Kings Mountain